Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Taxes

You know some times (MOST OF THE TIME) life hasn't turned out how I imagined it to be. My Papa lived to be 95. He was an amazing grandfather, just like I imagined my dad to be. Right now I am in the middle of doing my mom's taxes. I don't mind helping, it's just strange at 33 to be doing what my dad would have been doing. I always expected my Dad to make it to 90 and be just like Papa. Sitting here today I know that God has not gone by "my plans". I'm finally at a place of accepting the situation as it is. I do see good that has come from his suicide, as strange as that may sound. In the weirdest way I feel like my Dad's passing happened to STOP the cycle of depression. Katy and I both realize the seriousness of depression as a disease and are doing something about it. I HOPE with all my heart that Molly doesn't have to deal with this but if she does I'll be here to help her along the way. This is the beginning of ending the cycle. Typing that makes me so sad because my Dad honestly didn't know what it was or how to deal with it.

Dad,
I miss you so much today. I wish you were here to see Molly and play with her. I know you would love the way she chomps on ice like we do. I know you tried your best to do what was right and good. I know that you never hurt us on purpose and if you could go back and make it all right you would. Your death is helping us make a better life in this broken world.........
Amy

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh, Amy....This made me cry. it is good to just open up and let your feelings out! I love you:)

Turbo Tax baby---well worth the $30-40:) So simple and once you set it up with your name etc...you can use it year after year w/o re-entering all the info:)