Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Journal

In the past I've always felt like I "should" journal. I would start writing and then stop after a few days. This year at school they gave us a notebook to encourage writing. Well, I taught writer's workshop and then got in trouble for it. So confusing! I've had a lot of hard days here and actually used my journal every day. Now I can actually look back and see what I've learned and how I would do things different the next time around. Some times I draw, write gratitude lists, write letters (that no one should ever read ;) and I have one page (all black) that I write down my "mean" thoughts. It's good to get it out! I've also collected notes and pictures that make me happy. There are pictures of friend's babies, Molly and tid bits that have made me feel positive. This is by no means a scrap book. I feel like this journal has been a big part of helping me make it through an experience that has made little or no sense to me.

A note from Katy--"God created us, a self that is wonderfully and fearfully made with a purpose uniquely suited to the way it was formed. The self is freer, because it knows itself to be finally and ultimately held safely in a Love that is unchangeable and real. This love does not lose track of us no matter what dark places we must walk into. It's a love deeper than any abyss that we might fall into. It is a love with the power to heal any brokenness we might encounter.
A gratitude list
Waking up today. SO CUTE!!!!! After I took this picture she was signing more so I would take another. Too funny.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is so cool that you have kept that journal.

Those PJ's are ADORABLE!