Friday, June 5, 2009

What if..............

The other night at my B-day dinner Judy pulled out her What if book. You know you can't go to dinner with another Barnabite without getting into some type of thoughtful conversation. So she read several of the what if questions. The last one she read was, what if you only had 1 hour left to live? What would you do in that hour? Without any hesitation this was my answer.

Even after 12 hours of labor, 4 hours of pushing, an emergency c-section, being cut into while not totally numb, then being put totally under, 2 catheters, and some weird pressure moon boots to keep the blood moving in my legs, this is BY FAR AND BEYOND where I would want to be if I only had 1 hour left to live. The What if book was fun and I'll post some more questions later.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I hear ya (even though I never had that kind of birth trauma.) You just can't understand that till you have kids...can you?

Amanda said...

Thinking on this question today I know I would just want to be with my 2 boys in our home playing and having fun. But please I can't think about this question w/o crying!