Saturday was the 20 year anniversary of my Aunt Mary's suicide. I was 14 when she passed and so it took me up until 2 years ago to "understand" the situation. My family met at her grave site this weekend but I passed on that.
Mary loved animals a ton, maybe even more than me. So instead of going to her grave I took Molly to the zoo. It seemed like the perfect way to think of her. When Katy and I were young Mary took us horse back riding every weekend. She had 1 horse that she and Katy would ride. Then I would ride different horses from the horse lot. I never knew what kind of horse I would get! Let me put it this way, Katy and I never told our mom how many times we were bucked off because we knew that would be the end of horse back riding. One time I rode a little Shetland pony named Rusty. We were about 4 miles out from the stables. All the sudden Rusty turned and ran all the way back on his own. I think I was about 10 so I cried the whole way. It makes me laugh to think of Rusty running out of control and me crying.
What Aunt Mary taught me.
Every cuss word I know.......she was a little wild.
Driving fast is fun!
How to love and take care of animals, especially dogs.
Grown ups don't always keep promises. I didn't figure this out until meeting with Aggie.
How to draw cartoon animals.
How to order at Taco Bueno :)
How to ride horses.
How to have a child like spirit as a grown up.
An adult (Aunt, teacher, friend or other) who loves a child can make a positive difference in their life by spending quality time with them.
I love you Aunt MarMar and I'll never forget you.
PS-I have a government test tomorrow. I know it's not organic chemistry ;) but every grade counts. Please pray for an A. Also check Lindsay's blog----there are improvements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I loved what you shared about your Aunt:) I think taking Molly to the Zoo was PERFECT!
Good luck on your test:) You are in my prayers.
Post a Comment