Monday, June 8, 2009

Lindsay's Heart

Most of you know little Gracie (through Amanda's blog). She passed away about 3 months ago. She was born with HLHS and had a transplant that did not go well. Amanda was very touched by her story and so I read it all. Gracie and Gracie's family still cross my mind about 100 times a day. Through her blog I have read about many other cardiac kids. The past 2 months I've been following Lindsay's blog. She is a 1 year old and just received a heart transplant this past week. She is doing well but still needs many prayers.

There is something so special about the heart babies. I would have never learned about them if it weren't for Amanda's link to Gracie. I think what amazes me most is that these kids push on through so much pain and their families are loving God despite their very tough circumstances. They are truly and inspiration. Check out cute little Lindsay on her blog http://www.lindsaysheart.blogspot.com/ and send some prayers her way.




PS- Well the chem prof said for us to get our track shoes one. Let's go! I am a little scared but I figure a little healthy fear will do me some good. I just worked on the homework (for tomorrow) and half of it took me 2 hours. It's actually kind of fun..........is that scary or what?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i have been following her for a while too....she seems to be really doing well after her transplant....unlike so many others:(

Amy said...

I know! It's amazing how well she has done. How cute is she????