Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sinking

Prayers Please
I am finally quick about recognizing the beginning of a valley in my depression. For about 5 months I've been riding it out pretty steady. I swear to all of you that I am not even thinking so much about the fact that it is June. It is like my body remembers on it's own. I know the sinking is starting because #1. I go from eating 3 meals a day to forgetting about eating at all. #2. I want to lay down in the afternoon. #3. Church seems annoying to me. Just got back and it was annoying. When I start to sink I think the pastor is making good stuff up. #4. Going to a hotel and sleeping for days without interruption sounds great.

I'm done laying down to this crap! It is starting but I recognize it early now. Amy D just invited me to the pool at 3. I WILL GO! I WILL GO! I WILL GO! I will not isolate because then it gets worse. Please pray....I want to feel reasonably happy and energetic. Maybe starting chemistry tomorrow will lift my spirits. Having a positive goal to shoot for is always helpful and a good distraction at this time of year.

PS-Funny! I was at the pool yesterday and some guy asked me what the tattoo on my back meant. Seriously, I forget it's even there because it doesn't usually show in clothes. For those of you who haven't seen it is says free 06-25-06 and obviously stands for my Dad's passing. His stretch song was about being free so that is how it was picked. Long story short....when the guy asked me I told him it was when I got out of jail. LOL! Going into the whole death suicide thing was just such a downer. I wish you guys could have seen his face when I made the jail comment. HILARIOUS!

4 comments:

chelle1113 said...

Hey! Please know that we are ALWAYS around and up to whatever! I am doing summer school, but will be home by 1:00. Just let me know and we can swim, go the mall, park, whatever! Don't feel like you have to sit home by yourself and be sad!!

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

OH Amy, you are a hoot. I do love the jail comment.

I'll keep you in your prayers and in my positive thoughts. I know every minute is a tough choice when on the downward spiral. I agree, I think Chemistry will be a good focus!

I love that you are sharing this walk with us! AMAZING!!!

Amanda said...

I will pray for you each and every day. I had a feeling you were having a hard time...funny how I just sent you an e-mail this morning about this.

And I can't believe the first thing that come to your mind was getting out of jail! HA! I think you need to think of a more reasonable thing:)

molly said...

the jail thing is funny! and i will most definitely keep you in my prayers and have my little guys do the same. nothing beats the prayer of an innocent child. molly is a doll by the way and makes me want a girl so bad!