Friday, September 16, 2011

Favorite Photo Friday-Lindsay Dean

I stand in amazement on how God uses Blogs. Honestly, I was reluctant to start blogging until my friend Amanda convinced me it was a good way to record family history. I did it a little here and there and read a few friend's blogs. Then a little over 2 years ago I happened upon Lindsay's Heart blog. Through her mother's writing I learned about pediatric heart conditions and fell in love with Princess Lindsay. We sent Lindsay love in the mail and Molly thinks Lindsay is a real princess, like Aurora or Belle :) Through Lindsay's story God opened our hearts to adopting a child with CHD and that is when we found Timmy. His condition was no where near as severe as Lindsay's but it was something we felt we could handle. (Lindsay had Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and Timmy has Pulmonary Atresia and VSD). Lindsay's Mom, Suzie encouraged us to adopt child with CDH through her faith and love for her own daughter. On June 17, 2011 after a long fight little Lindsay went home to be with Jesus. During that very week made the decision to adopt Ji. When discussing what Ji's name would be we both felt it would be very special to name her after the precious angel who spurred this whole special needs adoption on. So, I waited awhile and then asked Lindsay's mom permission to use her name. Suzie was thrilled! This week we received a package from Suzie and it will filled with all of her Lindsay's monogrammed clothes and blankets. All for Ji, Lindsay Ji that is :) This adoption has been one road block after another. Sometimes we wonder if we are doing the right thing. God keeps confirming in little and big ways that it is. I can't describe how much this means to me or how knowing Lindsay has impacted my life. AND even though we only met Lindsay through her blog we miss her and think of her every day. All because a mom loved her daughter so and shared her love through a BLOG. The picture above is Precious Princess Lindsay Dean.



the long road



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet. I love that first shot.

Amanda said...

soo made me cry. you are awesome:) Lindsay will live on in so many ways!

Anonymous said...

I came across you blog and was scrolling through it. I was amazed to see a sweet post about my good friend Suzie. Funny what a small world it is!

Blessings in this journey!