I've been a little overwhelmed waiting on Timmy and the whole adoption process in general. It's stressful in a way that is difficult to put into words. All the sudden I've fallen in love with this little person who I've never even met and he's thousands of miles away. I guess this is part of the "adoption miracle" that others talk about.Suddenly, I feel somewhat alone in all of this......like if I talk about it people are going to think I'm weird. So, I've been reading a ton and found something that has been very helpful in bringing peace. This is out of a devotional from Show Hope.
Our adoption by God cost us nothing. However, it did cost God something; it cost HIM HIS SON. The high fees and cost of adoption today are indefensible, but they are not inconceivable. Adoption is costly. Whether in the realm of finances, emotions, time, relationships or effort, adoption will cost. But think of what it cost God, and yet HE was willing to undergo that cost. And not simply to undergo it, but to undergo it with joy. What kind of upside down world is this? What pain and loss God must have experienced, and yet HE delighted in bringing us into HIS family. In our world of risk-averse, safety -first, immediate gratification, we often lose sight of the truth that some endeavors are worth the cost.
The adoption journey is not easy, but every hour of toil, every obstacle encountered, every tear shed, every sleepless night-all are but a shadow of the price that God paid for us. Jesus came to be a ransom from many, and if God was willing to pay that ransom for us, how much more will HE be willing to lead us in ransoming HIS beloved children from their state as orphans? And it is HIS love that compels us onward in obedience, whatever the cost, for HE who calls us faithful. Our God who owns the cattle on a thousand hills, who is rich in mercy and grace, who generously provides for all that we need, this God knows the cost we will incur, and promises to be with us and for us every step of the way. This is about faith in action. This is an invitation to experience God in ways we have never experienced him before. In Matthew, Jesus says, Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. God's heart is invested in adoption. Let us view the costs, both seen and unforeseen, as an invitation for us to invest our resources, and therefore our hearts into the things of God.





1 comment:
That is a very good comparison. Even though I know I can't know what you are going though. I can only imagine. Thanks for posting that.
Post a Comment