Wednesday, February 22, 2012

SWS Baby Reception Home

Recently I've made some good friends through FaceBook that are adopting from Korea or have already adopted. It's such a comfort to go through this with others who are experiencing the same things. In one group we all shared photos of the Korean foster moms and some of the children share foster moms. It's been fun connecting with these moms in this way. This week some shared pictures of the Baby Reception home at SWS. When we stayed at the SWS guest house I knew the babies were being taken care of a few floors below but I didn't know I could peek in. I just kept seeing the sweet ladies go in and out in their pink robes. Here is a peek inside. Timmy stayed here for a few weeks when his birth parents relinquished their rights. (I wasn't sure how to word that but please know I love and respect his birth mother and father. They loved him so much and were selfless enough to know they could not provide the best life and health care for him. Selflessly they gave him up in hopes that he would have a brighter future). It amazing how little bits of his story have been pieced together through others pictures and stories. I'm hoping to pull something special together for him on "Gotcha Day" April 6th. Here is where Timmy and many of the Korean babies start their adoption journey.

No comments: