Over Christmas I was running to Chris Tomlin's version of Joy to the World. IT IS SO GOOD! While running I felt like his Unspeakable Joy song was Ji's song. Or should I say, my song to make it through Ji's adoption. That song actually motivates me to run fast as well. A few days later I asked Bob if we could give Ji 4 names by adding Joy somewhere in there. 1. for the song 2. because I am sure my heart may burst with Joy when I meet her. He said sure, we'll do whatever you want. He's so easy like that. Probably because he knows when I get something in my mind it doesn't go away. LOL! This week when I was getting a few papers notarized AGAIN because they were not accepted at the state level for the dossier, I looked at Ji's referral paper work. Her full Chinese name is Huan Qiu Ji. The agency always calls her Ji so that's how we have referred to her as well. Just for kicks I googled Huan (her given first name) and guess what it means in Chinese! Yep, you guessed it JOY! I'm not sure how all those names will fit one tiny little girl and if you have suggestions please leave a comment.
Linsday (after Lindsay Dean our little heart angel hero), Joy or Huan, Ji (for sure), and Meeker.






3 comments:
Love Joy! But I might be kind of biased since we have our Chloe Joy. And a joy she is! Love the Chinese, Huan too.
it´s a good thing wonderful little children don´t have to carry their names around like huge gold chains...my mom has 5 names... we call her Toya (AKA mamita). I think names tell us a bit of who we are, and then express our prents love for us. Joy is beautiful... alegría!
My mom gave me 4 names and claims still today she'd have added a 5th had she known I was her last child. Add in whatever names you'd like!
Post a Comment