Friday, December 30, 2011

UNresolutions

Normally I don't get "too personal" on my blog. Today though I'm going to say something OUT LOUD because that usually spurs on my personal goals and change. For my entire life I have struggled with two main issues (not that their aren't others) 1. Weight and Body Image Issues 2. My Relationship with Money $$$$! In 2012 I don't plan to make any resolutions except that I do plan to continue to work on myself in these two areas.

A few months ago I joined Weight Watchers. Of course I wouldn't mind losing 5 or 10 pounds but I joined mostly to find balance. Since I was 14 I can remember eating too much and then starving myself. Certainly not good for my body or health. Joining WW with Jennifer Hudson ;) is helping me to balance my eating habits and not all out hate myself for having a piece of pie at Christmas. (Thank you Jeff Meeker for making the BEST pecan pie and making every bite totally worth it). I have lost a few pounds but even better than that, I can sense a shift in my relationship with food.

A few years ago I did the Dave Ramsey course through St. Michael's Church. It was good and I have put most of Dave's money suggestions into practice. The only thing is that adoption Ji has broken one of Dave's rules. Don't buy it unless you have the money. Anyone who reads here knows that we are fund raising for Ji and we feel called to do so. I'm trying to let go of that rule and go with the fact that I know God wants Ji to come home more than he wants me to hold on to my money. It's been very humbling to ask for financial help and I have struggled with what to tell people. AND since we are on the subject..............I'm going to lay it out there. There are generous and good people helping bring orphans into their forever families. Just look here.....


China adoption costs around $25,000.

We raised $6,5000 through Both Hands which paid for our first round of agency fees and also a new home study.

In the next 60 days we will owe another $4,500 for the USCIS and final agency fees.

To make it happen we need to raise about $3,000 pretty quick.

If your good at math you can see that leaves us a balance of about $12,000 to pay for Ji's adoption. We have this $ put aside already. All in all we just need to raise another $3,000 to squeak by.

I love you Dave but somethings are PRICELESS!

I know that was a lot of rambling but I had a bunch on my mind and wanted to share my personal hopes for 2012. 1. To bring Ji HOME! 2. To continue my progress at Weight Watchers and improve my relationship with food. 3. To get back together with Dave after Ji's adoption is final! Happy New Years Everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

Ali said...

I came across your daughter's photo late last spring on the waiting lists. She is so beautiful, and I always wondered if she had been found her family. Congratulations!!!