Friday, December 2, 2011

Favorite Photo Friday


This has been a long two months. Timmy's surgery and Ji's adoption have put me in dark places recently. Sometimes my faith is puny and I don't always trust the God that loves me. I wonder....how many times is he going to have to show up before I BELIEVE? Friends, that is the beautiful part about having a relationship with Christ. He knows I am going to fumble and forget him. BUT yet he is the shepherd, the one who brings back the lost sheep (ME) over and over and over again. One song in particular has helped me get through these last two months. It's Chris Tomlin's Our God is Greater. I can't count the times that these lyrics have brought me out of the dark places and into the light. I hadn't really thought of it that way until a few days ago. Molly and I were driving in the car and she said, put on number 5 mom. I put it on and I said, Molly this is your song! She said, no mommy it's yours. And it is....

Our God is Greater by Chris Tomlin

Water You turned into wine
Open the eyes of the blind
There's no one like You
None like You
Into the darkness You shining
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like You
None like You

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God...

Into the darkness you shining
Out of the ashes we Rise
There's no One like You
None like You.

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God...
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God...

And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
What can stand against?


Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God...
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God...

And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who can ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
Then what can stand against?
Then what can stand against?


Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God...
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God...



the long road

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So cool that u and molly both love that song;) u will make it. Look how much u have been through already.

Babsi said...

This is my song, too!
We´re also in the adoptionprocess and it´s sometimes so hard and feels unreal.And when I feel really down Iam listening to this song! Really, really loud! ;o) And my girls are singing with me.
Just hang on, praying for you and little Ji. She needs you.
The enemy doesn´t want to see these Kids to be loved and growing up in a christian home......but our God is greater!!!!!

Babsi from Germany
(waiting for a call from the adoptionagency.Not THE call but that we can finally start the homestudy)

Sis said...

Ok, I LOVE chris tomlin. This song is amazing. I was introduced to him by a very dear friend. a brother in all ways but blood. those songs held the faith as he walked and fought his cancer. He was 42 years old when he died....but never lost hope. I know things have been hard recently but you are so right. how long will it take before we believe? I have asked myself that same question. Your beautiful little angel summer it up...it is your song. Sing is from the heart. I know Lindsey Ji will be in your arms soon.

Sis
http://adoption-thecrookedroad.blogspot.com