Monday, October 10, 2011

Surgery Scheduled

Well, Timmy had his routine cardiology appointment this week. Turns out he came from Korea with two heart conditions. We were only aware of the pulmonary atresia, which was repaired before he turned 1. Seems like they may have left out his other major heart condition which is tetralogy of fallot. Left off the records and left without repair. Without another surgery NOW he would live to be only 5 years old. So, on November 3rd our precious little guy will undergo MAJOR heart repair at Medical City Dallas. Please pray for Timmy, otherwise known around here as small but mighty!

3 comments:

The Hatley Home said...

Hi Amy!

I hopped over to your blog after you commented on mine. Just wanted to say Hi and yes.... our new daughter is Julia from AOW. So glad that you "found" her and can follow along as we bring her home. I can't say thank you enough for being a part of her care at AOW. They are awesome!! Your kids are SO cute!! I will definatley be adding your son's surgery to my prayers:)

Amber

Debi said...

Good luck on the surgery! They can do so much with heart conditions these days. I am glad the doctor's diagnosed it and will take care of it before it causes irreversible damage. That was a real blessing. (This is Amanda's mother in law). I hope the upcoming adoption runs along smoothly, too.

Debi said...

I just went back and looked at his pictures again. He doesn't even look blue to me. Maybe that's because of whatever they did on the 1st surgery...He is a beautiful child.