Thursday, October 13, 2011

Both Hands Fund Raiser

Dear Bloggy Friends,

We debated a long time about how to fund our second adoption. IBC does a great deal of work with Life Song for Orphans. In June of this year I happened upon their Both Hands Project and thought, WOW! This is something I could personally get excited about. Both Hands =one hand for the widow and one for the orphan. Think of it as a golf tournament but instead it's a team of us working on a needy widow's home. We do a weekend worth of repairs and raise support for our adoption. There are more details about the widow we are helping and a donation button on this link. http://bothhandsfoundation.org/bob-amy-meeker.aspx

It is my personal hope and prayer that this helps us bring Ji home. However, my even bigger hope is that our project is successful and that we can help others in the DFW area bring their children home. 1 less. There are 145 million (yes, I said million) orphans in the world. Can you help there be 1 less. If you don't feel called to donate please pray for our Ji. It's been a tough adoption so far and we just want her home.

Love to all,
Amy

1 comment:

Sis said...

One million...always makes my heart ache. One. It makes a difference. I cant wait to "meet" Ji...I will check out the link and so whatever I can. spreading the word. waiting for babies can seem like forever. I am waiting...and waiting for my Hope. Prayers that we will both be united with our children soon.

~Sis
http://adoption-thecrookedroad.blogspot.com