Adoption is all about waiting. Some days I wait well and others, not so much! There have been a few small updates with the "process". The USCIS sent a RFE (request for evidence) regarding two small pieces of our home study. We sent the RFE last week and should be hearing about our approval soon. That would make us DTC (dossier to China) except 3 of our documents expired while at the State Consulate's office. Two days before Spring Break we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off gathering, notarizing, requesting, and sending. Those documents are now at the Consulate's office again. When they come back we will be DTC. I would say I'd be calm then but there are several more waiting periods which could total 6-7 more months until travel.
I had lunch with a friend yesterday and she said the sweetest thing to me. She said she prayed every day that Jesus would be sitting in the crib with our Ji. I know everyone prays for her but comment came at just the right time, when the wait seemed almost unbearable.
Recently I was invited to a DTC Winter Group on Facebook. I LOVE IT! There are 96 members and we are all in the same phases of adoption. We even decided to have secret pals and send little gifts and encouraging notes a few times a month. I've already sent and received some special treats. We also post pictures of our babies. You should see them all. Talk about CUTE! I posted this picture the other day and one member noticed how sweet it was that Ji was holding Rain's hand in this photo. I hadn't noticed before. What I wouldn't do to hold that little hand. Waiting......





1 comment:
so so so sweet. Hopefully all the prayers will help Ji feel comfort and love, and peace till she is in your arms.
Post a Comment