Sunday, April 24, 2011

HE IS RISEN!

S.M. Lockridge Sermon

S.M. Lockridge was an African American, evangelical preacher. From what I have read he preached this sermon without any notes. There is a video of the sermon but I can't upload it. Awesome when you can hear the real thing! I wish I could make it the buzzer on my alarm clock. HE is RISEN INDEED!



The Bible says my KING is the king of the Jews


He is the KING of Israel


He's the KING of righteousness


He's the KING of the ages


He's the KING of heaven


He's the KING of glory


He's the KING of kings and he's the Lord of Lords


THAT'S MY KING!


I wonder do you know him?


My KING is a sovereign king


No means of measure can define his limitless love


He's enduringly strong


He's eternally steadfast


He's immortally graceful


He's imperially powerful


He's impartially merciful


Do you know him?


He's the greatest phenomenon that has ever crossed the horizon of this world


He's God's son


He's a sinner's savior


He's the centerpiece of civilization


He's unparalleled


He's unprecedented


He is the loftiest idea in literature


He's the highest personality in philosophy


He's the fundamental doctrine of true theology


He's the only one qualified to be an all sufficient savior


I wonder, do you know him?


He supplies strength for the week


He's available for the tempted and the tried


He sympathizes and sustains


He guards and he guides


He heals the sick


He cleansed the lepers


He forgive sinners


His discharges debtors


He delivers the captive


He defends the feeble


He blesses the young


He serves the unfortunate


He regards the aged


He rewards the diligent and he beautifies the meager


I wonder if you know him?


He's the key to knowledge


He's the wellspring of wisdom


He's the doorway of deliverance


He's the pathway of peace


He's the roadway of righteousness


He's the highway of holiness


He's the gateway of glory


Do you know him?


His life is matchless


His goodness is limitless


His mercy is everlasting


His love never changes


His word is enough


His grace is sufficient


His reign is righteous


And his yoke is easy and his burden is light


I wish I could describe him to you


He's indescribable


He's incomprehensible


He's invincible


He's irresistible


You can't get him out of your mind


You can't get him off of your hand


You can't out live him and you can't live without him


The Pharisees couldn't stand him but they found out the couldn't stop him


Pilot couldn't find any fault in him


Herod couldn't kill him


Death couldn't handle him and the grave couldn't hold him!


That's my KING!

No comments: