Monday, March 7, 2011

H-Dawg


Our good friend Heather got married last night. She was a beautiful bride for sure. Heather is one of the most loyal people I know. She's the kind of friend that is with you through the good and bad times. Katy was friends with Heather first at Texas A&M. Then when Katy left for the Peace Corps Heather kind of took me under her wing, during a very difficult time in my life. We ended up working together at In the Wind for several years. Heather cried tears of joy with us when Molly was born and tears of sadness when my Dad passed. I have some neat memories of Heather and my Dad together. Of course most of you know that my Dad was a serious guy around 99% of all people. When he would let his wall down he was so hilarious and quirky. Heather is someone who made it into his inner circle. I'm not exactly sure how it happened but they had a special bond. Thinking about them together is....I don't have the words. Katy somehow came up with the nickname H-Dawg for Heather. We basically never call her Heather. My Dad could never get it right and called her Heather Dawg. Lots of laughing and Heather Dawg was his nickname for her. I haven't meant to turn this post into something about my Dad. It's just so special to me that someone (other than the immediate and I mean immediate) family members "knew him" and understood his death and at the same time got what kind of a great guy he was. We love you H-Dawg! You were absolutely gorgeous last night. Thanks for letting us be part of your special day. On a side note, Molly thought Heather was a princess and wanted to know her prince's name. Then she thought everyone in the wedding party got married to each other. Molly says that she wants to marry me :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

she looked beautiful:) What sweet memories of Heather and your Dad;)