I'm sure there is some confusion about our new baby's name. Timmy comes from my Dad's name which was Charles Timothy Cook. My Dad never went by Charles and was called Timmy as a child. He was called Tim Cook, Timmy Boy, Timtastic, or T.C. as an adult. My Dad would be honored and somewhat amused with us naming Doyoung after him. That's a whole other post though or maybe not because you would really have to know my Dad to understand the humor in it. Anyway...with Doyoung's Korean heritage and everything else in consideration he will be Timothy Doyoung Cook Meeker. Why not leave out the Cook part???? Well, the Cook/Murphy side of the family is very close and after my Dad's death I had a lot of trouble leaving the Cook behind, obviously Amy Christine Cook Meeker. There is something very special about being part of this clan and I know how much they already love Timmy. Thankfully Bob understands how much this means to me and isn't one of those guys who's pride would be affected by this. He knows I'm a Meeker too :)
Max
Since the day Molly saw Doyoung's picture she has called him Max. After she saw Tangled she called him Maximus (the horse in the picture below is Maximus). OH MY! Therefor lots of people have known Doyoung (talk about confusing) as Timmy Max Meeker. After 3 months we finally talked her into calling him Timmy. So that's the long version of the name story.
Meeker-Obviously!
I'm also including a photo from the Schulze family (life long friend Julie Knighton) in Beijing. BabyJuliette is excited to meet her new friend, Timmy Max. People all over the world are excited about Timmy! WOW!!!!!






1 comment:
how cute;) And I think it would be so cute if Molly called him Timmy Max when he was little;) I know you talked her into Timmy....I am just saying...
Post a Comment