Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Girl's Night

In January Molls and I started a Thursday night tradition.  A few things for her and something for me as well.  We call it girls night and we haven't missed one since setting the date in January. We start our afternoon at dance.  On this particular day they were having recital pictures.  Here is Molly with her sweet teacher Miss Jordan.   Here is what Miss Jordan wrote on Molly's end of year dance report.    Molly is such a little star!  She has so much natural talent and always greets me with a smile!  She is truly one of a kind.  Can't wait to see what her future holds.  Proud Momma moment, sigh....
Then we head to Weight Watchers for a meeting.  I've lost 18.4 pounds since January by following the plan.  It's been super helpful for weight loss and even more so for a girl with food issues (that's me).   I'm so tired of secrets and the only way to get help is for people to start being honest.   Since I was 14 years old I've had terrible eating habits.  I won't go into the why but WW has helped me move past so much of that.  I haven't skipped a meal since January.  I can't tell you how huge this is!  I love the meetings and the leader Lori is amazing.  Molly has even made friends at WW which isn't surprising :) She understands that we go there to learn how to eat healthy.  This is just the beginning of undoing 20+ years of unhealthy eating habits.
 Next we walk to Target.  On the way we must stop to look at the new dresses at Gema's elegant dress shop.  Then we pick our favorite dress from the window.  Molly always picks the one with the fullest skirt.
Then to Target.   Am I raising a girlie girl or what?   I was such a tomboy and this is all new to me.  I always thought the princess stuff would make me want to gag.  What she loves I love. So be it!
We finish our Thursdays off by eating out.   She picks one week and I pick the next.  Here we are at Braum's.  Her choice :)
I'm so thankful that I've been able to have quality time alone with my girlie.  We always look forward to Thursdays and you can see why!  I asked her last week what would happen when Ji comes.  She said, it will be 3 girls against 2 boys.  Ji will come with us Mom.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is cute:) I can't believe she will sit so well in a WW meeting at the end of a long day! Her comment about Ji is so funny!!!! Miss u!

Amy said...

Miss you too!

anything but LoKEY said...

What a great tradition Amy!! My girls always go with the fullest skirt too. Undoubtedly. :)