Friday, January 14, 2011

Waiting

Adoption is a lot of work. We feel it's appropriate and worth it for obvious reasons. It's a child! I wish I'd kept a record of all of it but who has time? Just when we think there is nothing else to fill out or get notirized, we get something new. Here is a list of what I can remember. Autobiography for each parent, ten of each of the following, birth records, bank statements, W2s, tax returns for 2008 and 2009, statements of faith, personal references, home study, proof of employment, proof of medical and life insurance, past ten years of personal addresses, past paycheck stubs, and this is all before the USCIS gets involved. Don't take this as a complaint. If or when we do this again I'm going to make a big file box with twenty copies of everything. I've included a form I recieved yesterday to do today. PS-Find a 24 hour notary!


STATEMENT OF ACCEPTANCE OF CHILD
WITH SPECIAL MEDICAL PROBLEMS

TO: SOCIAL WELFARE SOCIETY


We, undersigned, acknowledge our understanding that,, our prospective child, has:

1) Post-operation state of congenital heart disease
(Operation : Modified Blalock-Taussig shunt)
(Diagnosis: Pulmonary atresia, ventricular septal defect, patent ductus
arteriosus, Feb. 2010)
2) Continuous medication for heart problem (diuretics, aspirin)


with Class B Limitations, as shown on the “Medical Examination of Visa Applicant”.

We wish to accept this child for adoption and will assume full responsibility for the child and the medical treatment of this condition as needed.


____________________________________________________
Robert Meeker

____________________________________________________
Amy Meeker


________________________________________________
Address


________________________________________________
City and State


State of )

County of )

SWORN AND SUBSCRIBED BEFORE ME THIS ____________DAY OF ________________________,

CITY OF _____________________________________, STATE OF ___________________________.


________________________________________________
NOTARY PUBLIC

2 comments:

Amanda said...

MAN..i CAN ONLY IMAGINE....
sorry about the caps...kids on the computer...
That form is a big one right. Like you have to keep stating over and over you know about his medical condition and you want him!

Tamika said...

One of my other girlfriends is adopting from China. They go in March or April to get their little girl. Hang in there!