Here are the Gotcha Day pictures from November 2nd. I know all of you have been waiting to see them. Since I'm struggling with JETLAG I skipped editing the pictures.
On Monday, November 2nd at 2 pm we were anxiously awaiting our taxi to the CAB office when they called and said the orphanage car had broken down on the way to meet us. Just to finish off the 18 month wait, we waited some more :) We arrived before Ji and there were several families finishing up at that time. Then Ji arrived with her nanny and the assistant orphanage director. She was so tiny. Even with everything I already knew about her, I was still shocked at her size. Her hair was sparse, she had a large bump on her forehead from rubbing it on the crib bars, and she was covered in sores caused by scabies. 14 pounds and 3 years old. She literally looks like a 3 month old. SHOCKING! She didn't cry when they gave her to me and immediatly it felt like she was my daughter. We held her, took some pictures and then returned to our hotel. EVEN THOUGH.....I know what I know......it was horrifying to see her this way. Honestly, I wanted to punch someone until God quietly reminded me not to judge. He reminded me that orphans aren't a priority in some places and that this is why he called us to come for our daughter. This is why I will never give up fighting for the orphan because there are 147 million more waiting.....sick and starving.
More of our China adventure to come soon.....





No comments:
Post a Comment